Stainless Steel Hose and Pump Connectors should not be confused with an Expansion Joint and whilst they can look similar in appearance they each solve totally different problems
Stourflex Stainless Steel Hoses and Pump Connectors are primarily used on pumps, chillers and other reciprocating machinery to reduce noise and vibration. The flexible element of a hose assembly is manufactured from corrugated stainless steel with a stainless steel braid and is fitted with end fittings to suit installation needs. The braided connectors cannot compress or extend, and therefore do not compensate for thermal expansion and therefore should not be used as expansion joints. Expansion Joints solve the problems associated with Thermal Expansion in pipework systems.
Hose and Pump Connectors are designed to isolate pump vibration which if not eliminated will severely impair the performance of the pump and will result costly damage to the system. Typical problems that will result from not installing the correct hose and pump connector are damage to pump seals and bearings which will result in leaks. The right hose and pump connector can eliminate the problems caused by noise which if not controlled will be magnified through the piping system.
Stourflex Stainless Steel Hoses and Pump Connectors offer significant benefits and should be used as an alternative to rubber bellows when
- The application exceeds the temperature limitations of rubber bellows and can be used on hot water applications up to 300 deg C
- The application requires a Water Regulations Approved Scheme (WRAS) approved product
- The application requires a product suitable for Potable Water or Domestic Hot Water services
- The application requires a product installed in a critical environment with an extended service life requirement.
All Stourflex Stainless Steel Hose and Pump Connectors have been approved by the Water Regulations advisory Scheme (WRAS) which means when they are installed in accordance with the requirements of the water regulations they are suitable for potable and wholesome water applications
In order for the products to provide correct performance they should always be installed in accordance with our fitting instructions. Our comprehensive fitting instructions show the vitally important function of installing pipework anchors and / or fixed points and guides. This is because stainless steel hoses and pump connectors will exert a pressure thrust in service and must be anchored to protect adjacent pipework and equipment. As with all Hoses and Pump Connectors they will extend under pressure and must be anchored to prevent this from happening.
In summary, Stainless Steel Hose and Pump Connectors offer the installer many advantages.
Get in touch
- Excellent service life for both hot and cold water applications.
- Offers a longer service life than rubber bellows.
- The flexible element of a stainless steel hose and pump connector can be produced to different lengths enabling the manufacture of bespoke products